Sunday, August 2, 2009

Last day in Japan town




Sunday, August 2nd 2009

This is my last day in Tokyo. Before I left, David and I went for breakfast for the last time in Asakusa. Seriously cannot believe how time went by so fast.

My cousin, who I haven’t seen since I was little shorty, picked me up from the hostel and spent the remaining day with her and her family. I had such a great time with her and it was so great to catch up after not seeing each other for so long. I also met her kids who are half Japanese (they look more full Japanese, I cannot see a hint of Filipino in them)! Anyway, we had a nice lunch in Asakusa again and later in the evening had sushi in one of the local restaurants in Chiba (a nearby city just outside of Tokyo). I’ve been eating mainly noodles the whole entire week I’ve been in Tokyo so I was definitely pumped to finally eat sushi from the motherland of all sushi’s. And it was TRÉS BON! VERY VERY GOOD! The sushi’s definitely taste better here… though not sure if that’s all psychological (of being in Japan and therefore it has to taste better) or not. In either case, they were amazing! Plus the ambiance may have done a part of that amazing experience. We ate dinner by sitting on a matt with a short table – vintage Japanese style!


So this is it for Japan. I’ll keep you posted on my rest of my time here in Asia. Leaving for a 7hr flight to Singapore tomorrow…then later off to another 1h30 flight Singapore to Jakarta!

Sayonara and Arigato Gozaimashita!

No comments:

Post a Comment